RCABC New Membership Sign Up
Membership applications are done online with the exception of *insured* clubs.
- Online applications can be paid by PayPal (you don't need a PayPal account – just a credit card) or by sending a cheque to the Treasurer.
- For clubs who are opting in to RCABC insurance, please submit the club membership form with additional details for insurance purposes.
The membership period is fixed, from April 1st to March 31st of the following year. Note that your instructor
certification has a different start and end date, and has 3 year periods.
For members wishing to RENEW THEIR MEMBERSHIP, go to the Member Login page and log in to your account.
There are five types of RCABC memberships. All are for a one year period:
- Paddler Membership (20.00/yr)
- Instructor Membership (65.00/yr)
- Guide Membership (30.00/yr)
- Club Membership (formula - see paper application form)
- Agency Membership (100.00/yr)
- Youth Membership - Complimentary for members under the age of 18
Read the details below to determine which type of membership you need. Be sure to read the linked application form as well.
RCABC Membership Types
1) Individual Paddler Membership
- For recreational paddlers (non-instructors) wanting to support RCABC.
- An individual paddler member is able to vote and receive the CANEWS newsletter.
- Add your and RCABC’s voice in access and environmental matters.
For applying online, click here to BEGIN THE SIGNUP PROCESS.
2) Individual Instructor Membership
- For new RCABC instructors or instructor candidates.
- Includes voting rights and CANEWS newsletter.
- Liability insurance for RCABC sanctioned canoeing activities.
- Access to the RCABC instructor manual and online documentation.
For online applications click here BEGIN THE SIGNUP PROCESS. You will be asked to sign the RCABC Waiver and Terms of Agreement.
3) Guide Membership
- For day guide or expedition guide certificate candidates
- Not needed if candidate already holds an instructor membership
- Includes voting rights, advertising and newsletter and announcements
- Does not include liability insurance for guiding purposes
- Access to instructor manual and online documentation
For online applications click here to BEGIN THE SIGNUP PROCESS. You will be asked to sign the RCABC Waiver and Terms of Agreement.
4) Club Membership
- For paddling clubs in BC (can include kayaking activities) supporting RCABC.
- Optional inclusion in RCABC's director’s liability insurance plan with a preferential insurance rate.
- Each club has a single vote at the Annual General Meeting of RCABC.
- Member clubs are provided with a free listing on bccanoe.com.
- Club trip guidelines for the safety or your members.
Clubs who are applying for or renewing membership with optional insurance through the RCABC must sign up on line AND submit the paper Club Membership
Application Form with additional details for our insurer. You must also have the Club President print, read, sign and submit the
RCABC Waiver along with the Club Membership Application Form. Clubs who do not opt in to insurance may simply apply online. For online application for Club Membership you may BEGIN THE SIGNUP PROCESS here.
5) Agency Membership
- For canoeing-related businesses or organizations wishing to support RCABC.
- Includes a free listing in the CANEWS newsletter.
- Preferential advertising rates in CANEWS.
- Each agency member has a single vote at the Annual General Meeting of RCABC.
- Includes a free agency link listing on bccanoe.com.
You may apply online for Agency Memberships. BEGIN THE SIGNUP PROCESS. Please note that agency members must contact Membership and Promotions Director Keiran Rankin at email@example.com with a logo, promotional graphic, and contact detail if you would like those to be included in our website and newsletter.
After You Apply
After you apply, your membership will not be valid until the treasurer receives confirmation of your payment. Once payment is confirmed, the membership will be activated and you will have access to your account via the Member Menu. If you have any questions, contact the Treasurer.