Is your club interested in applying for an RCABC Club Membership? RCABC is dedicated to promoting canoeing and canoeing safety through supporting canoeing clubs, and we'd like to hear from you to see how we can help. We have many member clubs that include kayaking and other paddle sports as part of their activities. Here is our list of member clubs in British Columbia.
If you're wanting to start a new club, we can put you in touch with people that have done it all before.
A Club Membership is valid for one year and optionally includes third party liability insurance for executive, members, leaders and guests. The cost is:
- A $25 membership application fee
- Insurance cost is approximately $8.77 per club member as of 2015
- A 10% processing fee on the insurance cost
Membership period is from June 1st to May 31st the following year. The Club Membership benefits include:
- Listing on the RCABC website with a link to your website
- We can create a simple web page for your club on www.bccanoe.com if you don't have a webpage
- Trip Sanctioning Guidelines for leadership and safety
- A provincial voice in access and environmental concerns
- Third Party Liability Insurance for Executive, Leaders, Members & Guests (optional)
- CANEWS newsletter and opportunity to post articles on the RCABC website
- A vote or a voice on important matters that affect the direction of RCABC
- An opportunity to volunteer, learn new skills through participation on the RCABC executive or committees
Your membership also supports RCABC with the promotion of safe canoeing.
FOR NEW CLUBS JOINING RCABC
You'll need to do the following steps. Contact us if you have any questions about this process!
- READ the Club Trip Sanctioning Guidelines and Liability Insurance FAQs
- TALK to the RCABC executive to confirm the membership will meet your goals
- SUBMIT an online application to create a club account on the database
- DOWNLOAD, print and mail the Club Membership Application form to the Treasurer
- PAY the membership and insurance fees by PayPal through your RCABC account, or by cheque to the Treasurer